16 September 2017 - The Art of Conservation
The Art Curator Gallery at Lourensford Estate has joined forces with The Cape Leopard Trust and esteemed international artist Fuz Caforio to host a fundraising event in support of the ongoing efforts to protect the Cape Leopard and conserve its ever-decreasing natural habitat.
The event details are as follows:
Date: 16 September 2017
Time: 17h30 for 18h00 – 21:00
Venue: Art Curator Gallery, Lourensford Wine Estate
Bookings: No entrance fee, RSVP by the 5th of September 2017.
In honour of Heritage month the Art Curator Gallery at Lourensford Wine Estate has joined forces with the Cape Leopard Trust and esteemed South African artist Fuz Caforio to host a fundraising event in support of the ongoing efforts to protect the Cape Leopard and conserve its ever decreasing natural habitat.
The fires that tore through the Helderberg mountains in early 2017 left in their wake immense destruction. It was clearer than ever that action needed to be taken to not only protect the indigenous flora and fauna of the area but the majestic large cats that call it home. And so the partnership between the Art Curator, Fuz Caforio and the Cape Leopard Trust was born.
This important collaboration’s role is to raise awareness of South African conservation at a large scale, and aims to safeguard the future of our country’s spectacular wildlife. What makes this project unique is how art is being used as a medium to inspire change and raise awareness.
Having dedicated half his life to painting and the past decade to studying large cats, Fuz Caforio’s masterful artistry is the obvious choice for a fundraiser of this nature. His support of wildlife conservation dates back more than two decades and his passion to protect all large cats show through in the detail and way in which he captures the spirit of each animal he paints.
The fundraiser and auction, MC’ed by Global Adventurer Braam Malherbe, will take place on the 16th of September 2017 and will play host to Cape Town’s conservationists, art-collectors and influencers, guests will be treated to a night of musical entertainment and enjoy a personal meet and greet with Fuz Caforio.
For those not attending the fundraising auction, the Art Curator Gallery will be holding a Fuz Caforio exhibition from the 16th of September to the 20th of October. Henry Taylor, owner of the Art Curator Gallery invites friends and guests to take part in The Art of Conservation project by visiting the exhibition, everyone is welcome to enjoy the majesty that this talented, local artist has created.
Fuz Caforio has created and donated a one-of-a-kind masterpiece that can be seen at the top of the article with an estimated value upwards of R90 000. All proceeds from the auction of this piece as well as other highly sought-after products and experiences will be donated to The Cape Leopard Trust. The aim is to raise a minimum of R400 000 for this great cause.
As the courteous venue sponsor of this event, Lourensford Wine Estate has created the Cape Leopard Wine Collection, available in Chardonnay and SMV range. This once-off collection will be available on the night and throughout the month of August and onwards; at the Art Curator Gallery. There are only 200 bottles each of red and white that have been masterfully created for this occasion.
The Art of Conservation is grateful to sponsors Jaguar Stellenbosch, Diamond Works, Royal Portfolio, Mont Rochelle, Three potters and a Painter, Lourensford Wine Estate and Erinvale Hotel for adding their support to such a crucial fundraising event. Their advocacy of South African wildlife conservation goes a long way.
This is an open exhibition with no entrance fees, but we will be accepting donations on the night towards this worthy cause. If you are not able to make the function. We are taking silent bids on several magnificent sponsored gifts.
SPONSORED GIFTS TO BID ON: (PLEASE NOTE: ALL PROCEEDS GO TO THE CAPE LEOPARD TRUST)
1. The Diamond Works will be gifting the Art of Conservation with a gorgeous diamond and sapphire ring made from 18k white gold, set with a 1.92 carat sapphire round center stone and 33 diamonds totaling 0.165 carats. This exquisite piece of investment jewelry is estimated at R 156 990 (Ref Code : D/W Sapphire Ring)
2. Fuz Caforio has donated a one-of-a-kind investment piece of art. Size: 140cm x 70 cm. Oil on canvas . The art piece will be revealed on the of The Art of Conservation and is estimated to exceed a value of R 90 000. (Ref Code : F/C Leopard )
3. Lourensford Estate has generously partnered up with The Art of Conservation event this year to raise over R30 000 for the Cape Leopard Trust with an exclusive master blending wine experience with Hannes Nel of Lourensford Estate which will take 10 guests through an informative wine blending experience and dining experience valued at R60 000. (Ref Code : L/E Wine experience)
4. Erinvale Hotel and Spa will be sponsoring a 1 night stay for two with breakfast included. Valued at R1610 (Ref code : E/S Erinvale)
5. Three potters and a painter will be donating a beautiful bowl with a set in diamond. Valued at R25 000 (Ref code: T/P Bowl)
6. Mont Rochelle is donating a 2 night stay for two in their Cabernet Room. The voucher includes breakfast, complimentary selection of drinks and snacks from your minibar, transfer service between Mont Rochelle and Franschhoek at set times and 1 complimentary wine tasting session per guest. Valued at R22 400 (Ref code: M/R Cabernet)
For Media Enquiries
For Guest Enquiries
We look forward to seeing you!